|
lilac*dreams
|
|
Author Info*
Pen Name: kawaii_kirei_ichigo Started writing: This is my first fic, wad do ya think?? Real Name: dOrCaS rOxAnN tEo HuI jUn Age: 14 and counting Hobbies: Writing fics, toturing my muses, hee! My Personality: Crazy! HAHAHA!! ~Content~! Main Site Prolouge Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 rainbow*connections |
|
Chapter 4- Prophesy Disclaimer: I do not own some of the things in my story!!!!! “Jadeite! No!” Suddenly, light flared up from my sword. It blinded the phoenix and stopped it in its tracks. The phoenix screeched. The light slowly died down. Both phoenixes were standing in front of us. “Obsidian. She has the token of light.” the female phoenix said. “Yes. I can see that, Crystal. But where is the token of dark?” Obsidian asked. “I’m willing to bet it’s with the boy.” Crystal answered. Both phoenixes glowed in light and shrunk into a human size. I gasped. The phoenixes had changed into humans. “We’re sorry for hurting you.” Crystal apologised. She kneeled down and put her hands at my wound. Obsidian did the same to Kou. Light grew from their hands and blinded us momentarily. When the light died down, our wounds were gone. “Why did you attack us?” I asked Crystal. “We are bound to this place. We have to do as the ancient prophesy says.” Crystal replied. “Why did you stop attacking us then?” Kou glared at them. “The girl has the token of light and I believe you have the token of dark.” Obsidian answered in monotone. “You mean our swords?” I asked. Crystal nodded her head, “and you wish to find a spritshadow, right?” I nodded. “Then we will be you spritshadows.” Crystal continued. “What!” Kou and I exclaimed at the same time “Wait! Who said that I agreed to be a spritshadow.” Obsidian interjected. “We are bound to this place, of course we must have a master if we want to be free.” Crystal said a matter-a-factly. “Easy for you to say. You get to have the girl, a pure soul, the Light, a pure human. I get the outcast, the tainted soul, the Darkness.” Obsidian retorted. “I resent that.” Kou muttered. “How can you say he’s soul is tainted, its only common sense that light goes with light; and darkness goes with darkness. After all you are the phoenix of darkness.” Crystal eyes glazed over Obsidian. “Fine, we’ll be their spritshadows.” Obsidian sighed. “Do we have any say in this.” Kou protested. “What’s your problem? We’ll be very powerful spritshadows in your world.” Obsidian raised his eyebrows. “Wait.” I said as Obsidian’s last sentence sunk into my mind, “What did you say?” “We’ll be your spritshadows?” Obsidian said quizzically. “No, before that.” “Oh! You mean, Easy for you to say. You get to have the girl, a pure soul, the Light, a pure human. I get the outcast, the tainted soul, the Darkness. Right?” Obsidian confirmed I looked at Kou, “You lied to me.” Kou lowered his head, “I’m sorry, I didn’t want you to be scared of me.” “You didn’t need to lie!” “If I didn’t, you most probably would have killed me!” I paused. He was right. There was a reward for the head of any outcast. I would have been awarded for killing him. “I’m sorry, Jadeite. Forgive me.” Kou sighed. We locked gazes for a moment. Soon, I was drowning in those blue orbs of his. A cough interrupted us. Then I remembered that there was still a matter at hand. “All right, you’re forgiven.” I dismissed the matter with a wave of a hand. Kou smiled. I froze, did he just smiled. I turned a few shades of red. “So, are you ready?” Crystal asked tentatively. We locked eyes for a few minutes. Then we both nodded. “Before we become your spritshadows, I would like you to do me a favour.” Crystal asked. “Sure. What?” I replied. Kou gave me a glare, “We can’t just thrust them like that!” “And why not? I trusted you without blinking an eye, and I still trust you. If I wasn’t so trusting, you would be died by now!” I retorted. Kou frowned, “How can you be so trusting?” “I don’t know. Maybe, I grew up in a protected state. Nobody ever wanted to harm me. Besides, I learnt martial arts, sword fighting, judo, fencing and kendo; nobody would be able to come near to hurting me without me breaking their necks.” I smiled weakly. “Different from me. I grew up in the world by myself. One wrong move could get me killed. Everybody wanted to hurt me. I don’t trust anyone. Save for them.” he snorted. “Then trust me. Why would I stab you in the back when I just saved your skin? Since you don’t trust them, trust me.” I whispered softly. We looked at each other in the eye. I could feel the mental clashing between us. Strangely, I saw Kou as a lost, confused and forlorn young boy. I wanted to hold him in my arms and comfort him, tell him he was loved. Finally, he looked away. “Do as you please. It’s fine by me.” Kou mumbled. I broke in a wide smile and then…hugged him. Kou turned an interesting shade of pink. So did I. But at least he knew someone cared about him. “Finally. It’s about time.” Obsidian stretched his arms. “Good. After you bind me, grab the codex and the jewel beside it and then get out of here.” Crystal said urgently. “What? I thought that the codex was lost for like, a few centuries?” Kou asked surprised. “I was placed in Aenir. Not lost.” Crystal answered. “Ready?” Obsidian asked. Kou and I looked at each other and started the ritual. We took out our sunstone rings. We each drew a circle around ourselves and the phoenixes, using light that came out from the sunstone. Since I was in the Blue Order, I used a blue light. Kou used a yellow light. He was in the Yellow Order. (Orders are classes we are divided to. They are the colours of the rainbow. The lowest is red and the highest is Indigo.) Then, we spoke the chant of bonding. Finally, we shared the shadow. The phoenixes picked up our shadows and thrust them into the middle of their bodies, where their hearts would be. I felt a wrench as my shadow disappeared. Blinding light surrounded me. I managed to see Kou surrounded by black tendrils. Then the light cleared. It was then I realized I had bound a powerful spritshadow. One that could promote me to at least the Green or Violet order. Wow, I was bound to a phoenix. “Now go get the Codex and Jewel.” Crystal ordered. Kou and I nodded and headed through the corridor Crystal had directed us to, with our spritshadows trailing behind us. We reached the end of the corridor. It led us into a humongous room. In the middle of the room, was a single crystal that had been grown into a rectangular shape, about the size of a normal book. Even without light, its surface shone like water reflecting the moon, mysterious sliver luminosity. It was the Codex. Besides it was a heart shaped crystal which gleamed like a star. It had a light pink sheen and was about the size of a palm. “Isn’t that the Angel Wings crystal?” I asked surprised. “Yes. How did you guess?” Crystal looked surprised. “It was taught in the Lectorium.” I stepped up to the middle of the room and tried to pick the Codex up. “Uggh...” the Codex seemed to be stuck. “No. Only Kou can lift the Codex as he is its keeper. You, Jadeite, are the keeper of Angel Wings.” Obsidian spoke up. “Umm…okay…” I replied uncertainly. Kou stepped to the middle and stood beside me. He smiled at me, my heart fluttered at my chest; and we both began to pick up the ancient items. Suddenly, there was an explosion of light. I had to use my hand to block out the light. The floor of the mountain began to shake. “Hurry! We have to get out of here!” Crystal and Obsidian screeched while morphing back into their animal form. I clambered onto Crystal’s back. We took off, through the corridor, past the prophesy, and through the long road. Behind us, the mountain was collapsing. We were nearly out of the mountain when showers of rock came upon our heads. I closed my eyes. We were going to die… Suddenly, we were in the sunlight. The Mountains of Light had totally collapsed. “Whew.” I breathed a sigh of relief. I noticed there was a small chain looped through the top of the crystal. For safekeeping, I hung it around my neck. Kou kept the Codex in his pocket. “Okay. Now bring us to the Sunstone Enclave.” Kou ordered and off we flew. “What is that prophesy about?” I asked Crystal as we were flying. “It’s about the coming darkness and war. The spritshadows are rebelling as they are tired of slavery.” Crystal answered. “What?” “Didn’t you read the prophesy?” “Yeah, but…” “But what?” “Why would they rebel against us?” “They’re tired of serving humans. The rebelling against humans has been planned since the ascension of the current Empress.” “And you knew about it? All this while? Without telling anyone?” “We were bound to the Mountains of Light. Besides, we cannot act against the prophesy.” “Who’s planning this rebellion anyway? Spritshadows are servants. They can’t go against their masters.” “When you bind a spritshadow, it’s free of its bounds. Sometimes, creatures are freed by accident. These creatures are called free shadows. Some managed to get through a portal and entered your world. They saw their people being held in slavery and of course became angry. They formed a rebellion by bringing other free shadows into your world to see the ‘suffering’ their people go through. Also, the leader of the free shadows is Sharrakor. He isn’t the Empress’s spritshadow. The person on the throne is not the real Empress. The real Empress is dead. Killed by the impostor on the throne. Sharrakor used her to gain free excess to the real world.” “What?” my mind felt like it was filled with pig’s swirl as I tried to digest all of the information. “A war is going to break out soon.” Crystal continued. “Huh? What war?” I broke out of my trance. “A war of humans against the free shadows. You are to fight in this war too.” Crystal answered. “What! I can’t! I’m not even a brightblinder in the Blue Order! I can’t fight!” I exclaimed in horror. “You must fight. If you remember the prophesy, there are two bearers mentioned in the story. You and Kou are the two bearers.” Crystal said. “I can’t be the bearer! I’m not strong enough! You’ve got the wrong person.” I injected. “Then how can explain lifting up the ‘Angel Wings’? How did you bind me as a spritshadow? How did you get the token of light? Can you explain that?” Crystal said fiercely. I kept quiet, not knowing what to say. “You have to fight, or your world will be doomed.” Crystal’s voice drifted in the wind. I sighed. “Alright what do I have to do?” After a few gruelling hours of lecture from Crystal, the Sunstone Enclave was soon in sight. Crystal flew closer to Obsidian and Kou. From the expression on Kou’s face, it was obvious that he had received the same lecture from Obsidian. So, here’s what we were supposed to do. We first had to go to the tower. Secondly, we had to solve three riddles on the last floor to gain excess to the room behind. After that, Kou would stand guard at the door while I would place the ‘Angel Wings’ on a pillar in the middle of the room and figure out the spell for locking the free shadows into the ‘Angel Wings’ and keeping the world in balance. Apparently, the Codex had several powers, which included blasting off enemies and so on. Kou would be my bodyguard. Initially, it looked as if my job was easier, but exactly Kou’s was. I still had to figure out the spell to activate the ‘Angel Wings’. I sighed. Oh well… “Get ready. We’re going in.” Crystal called. Suddenly, there was an awful screech from behind us. We all looked back. The thing that made the awful, chilling call was a long and sinuous snake-thing with very long, thin wings that fluttered so quickly they were almost invisible. Its body was bright orange with black stripes, and it had a stinger on its end. I stared at it and my mouth went dry. It was part insect and part reptile. It was a waspwyrm. Author's Note: Another long chapter, man, I'm doing this all in one day!!! We're nearing the end!!! Muses Toture & Rants- Author: Well, I got two new muses! Crystal: Well, I'm not really comfortable in this section, can you remove me? Author: No, you're an important character you know. Crystal: Fine. Author: So, how do you like the story so far. Crystal: Nice, but I think it's a bit draggy. Obsidian: No comment. Author: The sequel will be better then this, I promise. Jadiete: Yeah, right... Author: (Grabs Jadiete and throws her into the realm of darkness) Author: THAT, should take care of her. (Author walks away while Crystal and Obsidian look at each other) Crystal: Ahem, pls R & R via e-mail to cute_little_ichigo@hotmail.com Ai added colour at 5:33 PM
|